The problem is the following:
All desktop icons, records and personal files have disappeared from the office.
Yet they are still physically present on the SD.
I am not at all familiar with Seven because I turn mainly on XP and Vista.
So I managed to find how to configure the icons via:
- Right-click on desktop> Personalize> Change desktop icons
But all the icons are selected (Computer, Recycle Bin, files the user, etc..) But nothing appears on the desktop.
I tried to change the theme of Windows, once ... but nothing works.
This is because the desktop items are hidden/turned off accidentally!
To solve this:
- Right click on your desktop,
- Select Display,
- Click on Show desktop items
Thanks to mcvivien2 for this tip.
- Windows 7 - Desktop icons disappeared
- Windows 7 desktop icons disappear ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Windows 10 desktop icons disappear and reappear ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Windows 7 desktop icons not working ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Desktop icons disappeared windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Windows 7 no icons or start menu on desktop ✓ - Forum - Windows