I have a laptop PC with Win XP and when I tried to install freeware or small games downloaded on my C drive, I get an error right away: "Error 1327 invalid drive K".
Thank you for your help.
Invalid drive problem
This often happens when a player has been removed or if the letter has been amended.
The solution is to delete all reference to this drive in the registry.
- Open Regedit.exe
- Menu Edition: Search. In the field, enter X:\, X being the drive letter of the intruder.
- Delete the key that contains a path to X:\blablablabla\blablabla
- Press F3 to view the next entry, and delete
- Do this until the search yields more results.
- Close the registry, and it's over.
If all goes well, you can now install and uninstall programs without problem.
Thanks to jhuntao for this tip.
- Error 1327 - Invalid drive
- Outlook server error 401 invalid credentials ✓ - Forum - Hotmail/Outlook.com
- Kali gpg error signatures invalid - How-To - Debian
- Bios rom checksum error detecting floppy drive a media - How-To - BIOS
- Code 10 error in sound drive ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Error insert a drive into disk ✓ - Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card