that get installed in Mozilla Firefox may interfere in its working by making it slow and interrupting the connection
on a regular basis. The connection
could be interrupted
when trying to send emails or uploading files. Repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling Mozilla Firefox may not solve the problem. Extensions may get loaded
when downloading software from the internet. To solve the connection interrupted problem
encountered with Mozilla Firefox
, the extensions installed in the browser have to be checked and removed. After uninstalling the extensions
, Firefox has to be restarted for the changes to take effect.
I am using IE7 and Firefox3, until a week ago when I started having problems uploading files and pictures on my email and friendster. So, I went back to using IE6...now, I can attach email files but am still unable to upload/attach pictures. I also reinstalled Firefox 3 but it got worse, I still cannot attach files and pictures (yahoomail), and l cannot upload pictures to friendster etc. I keep receiving "connection interrupted, connection error, connection reset, and connection not encrypted."
I already tried to check my firewalls and also changing run time to 30 seconds (about:config), BUT to no avail. Also, my Firefox speed is slowing. This really is frustrating me. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling programs already. Can anybody help me make my Firefox work the same as before? I am not computer savvy. Can you detail the process?
I have been having a problem with "Firefox Connection Interrupted" while using "mail2web.com" site. Eventually I concluded that this problem started after I downloaded a "dictionary" site.
I tried a zillion ways to eliminate the problem and then solved it by:
- 1. Open Mozilla Firefox site
- 2. Click on "tools"
- 3. Click on "Add-ons"
- 4. On the next screen click on "extensions"
Now on this screen I found the problem extension that was loaded during the dictionary download. I clicked on that extension and found that there was an icon to "uninstall" the problem "Add-on". There was even an icon that allowed me to restart Firefox. After the restart, everything is loading as it has been for years. At this point the only item shown on my "extensions" page is "Java Quick Starter".
My problem started when I did a search for "Dictionary". When I clicked on the very first line under "Search Results" which was "Online Dictionary", I was directed to download "Alot Dictionary" which resulted in a new toolbar on my screen which I did not want. Items 1. through 4. above outline how I got rid of this "problem site" with my Windows XP.
Thanks to Mywinner
for this tip on the forum.
Published by deri58
Latest update on March 16, 2012 at 04:12 PM by Celia Gatward.