Have you ever wanted to share some of your Instagram stories not with all of your followers but just with your close friends and family members? Luckily, Instagram has this option. You can create a list of your close friends and share some of your daily findings just with them. It can come in really handy, especially if you are an influencer with thousands of followers. In this article we will explain to you how to use close friends feature on Instagram.
Instagram has introduced a feature called "close friends" in 2018. It lets users share their personal moments with an inner circle of people. "Close friends" is limited to Stories and is accessible once a user opens their Stories camera and takes a photo or video. A green circle with a white star appears, and tapping on it brings up a close friends list where the user can add friends to their inner circle.
Once a close friends list has been compiled, users can share with people on the list exclusively by tapping on the green circle whenever they take a Stories photo or video. Friends on the list will see the Story in the tray at the top of the feed with a green ring around it to tell them that the Story has not been shared more widely. As just with usual Instagram Stories, your story will be visible for only 24 hours and then disappears. Don’t worry, friends are not notified when they are added or removed from the Close Friends list, to avoid awkward social moments.
The "Close Friends" feature is likely a response to the growing phenomenon of "Finstagrams," which are secondary accounts that some users open and only allow their closest friends to follow.
To create your Close Friends list on Instagram, follow the steps below:
1.Go to your Profile page by tapping the profile icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
2. Tap on hamburger menu icon in the top right corner and select Close Friends tab.
3. Select people you’d like to add to your Close Friends list by tapping on Add. You can use the Search console to find your close friend.
4. When you have finished, select Done.
Congratulations! Now you have your Close Friends list. Now we will explain to you how to share your stories just with them.
1. Tap on the + icon in the upper left corner of your screen as you always do to create a story.
2. Take a photo, video or upload one from your phone as you usually do.
3. Finally, when you are ready to share, tap on the Close Friends green icon with a star in the lower left corner and it’s done!
Photo – Shutterstock.com