The rundll32.exe process (Run a DLL as a 32-bit application) is a Windows NT/2000/XP generic process used to load the dynamic link libraries (DLLs) in memory to make them usable by other programs :
Error loading RunDLL
- Windows displays a message similar to this:
RUNDLL error loading <file> THE SPECIFIED MODULE CAN'T BE FOUND.
- This issue is related when Windows starts a program that no longer exists or being incorrect. To eliminate this error,
- click on the Start menu,
- then in Run and type the following command:
- Startup tab uncheck the line related to the file,
- then click apply.
- Upon restart, a new window will open stating that Windows is in Selective Startup. Just check the box do not show this message and confirm.
RunDLL not found
- Windows displays an error message similar to this:
Windows can not find C:\Windows\Rundll32.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again.
- This issue is related to deletion the file c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe by a third party program (usually a program for customization of appearance of Windows).
Rundll32 has stopped to work (Vista)
- When opening video, Vista opens a window "Windows Host Process" indicating that Rundll32 has stopped working.
- To correct the problem, do the following operations:
- Go to "Control Panel"
- Folder Options
- Click on the tab "View"
- Check the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
In reality, the thumbnails of the movies often raise concern under Vista.
- Windows - Error loading RunDLL (rundll32.exe)
- Rundll32.exe error - How-To - Filesystems
- C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Error loading C:\Windows\system32\sshnas21.dl ✓ - Forum - Windows
- RunDLL error loading C:\progam1\mywebs`1\bar ✓ - Forum - Windows
- RUNDLL - Error loading ✓ - Forum - Windows