Like any other social media, Instagram can be tricky, and sometimes it can cause you stress and anxiety. If it happens and you want to take a pause from social networks like Instagram, this article is for you. Read on to find out how to temporarily disable your Instagram account and take a deep breath from virtual life in favor of real life.
How to temporarily disable your Instagram account?
If you don’t want to delete your Instagram account for good but desire to put your Instagram on hold for a while (don’t worry, you can restore it later), you can temporarily deactivate it using your computer or your cell phone.
1. To disable your Instagram account using your computer, you need to log in to your Instagram account from a computer, and click on your profile picture in the top right corner, then select Edit profile.
2. Scroll down to Temporarily disable my account and click on it.
3. Finally, select the reason why you are doing so from a list and re-enter your password to make sure it’s really you who wants to deactivate your Instagram account. When it’s done, your account will be deactivated and hidden meaning that other users will not be able to see your account and interact with it.
You can follow the exact same steps if you want to disable your Instagram account from a mobile browser. Unfortunately, you can’t deactivate your account through Instagram for Android or Instagram for iPhone apps.
To restore your Instagram account, simply log in to your account using your username and your password.
Photo – Instagram
- Deactivate instagram
- How to deactivate instagram - Best answers
- How to deactivate instagram account - Best answers
- My instagram account was deactivated instagram help center - Forum - Facebook
- How to deactivate instagram - How-To - Instagram
- How to deactivate instagram linked account - How-To - Mobile
- My Instagram disabled - Forum - Instagram
- Instagram deactivated for pretending to be someone else - Forum - Instagram