If you can not log into your Instagram account, this could be due to a bunch of problems, such as a forgotten password, or email address, or your account could be hacked or deactivated, and even deleted. In this article, we’ll explain to you how to recover an Instagram account.
If you are unable to type your password when logging into your Instagram account, don’t worry, you can still recover it even if your password is forgotten.
You can also recover your Instagram account using your Facebook account if they are linked. To do so:
Unfortunately, if you deleted your Instagram account or someone who knows the password did it, you can not recover it. The only way is to create a new Instagram account. Remember that if you’d like to take a pause on Instagram, you don’t have to delete your account, you can just temporarily disable it.
If you can not access your Instagram account and you think it could be hacked, follow these steps:
Check if you received an email from email@example.com saying that your email address has been changed. If it wasn’t you who did it, cancel it by clicking on the corresponding link in the email. If something else has been changed (such as the password, for example), ask Instagram to receive a login link or a security code.
1. To request a login link, tap on Get help logging in for Android, and Forgot password? for iOS devices.
2. Type in your username, email address, phone number linked to your account and tap on Next.
3. Select where you’d like to receive your login link (email address or phone number) and tap Send Login Link.
4. When you receive the link, click on it and follow the instructions.
If you can’t recover your account with the login link, you can request the security code or support. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. On the Login screen, tap on Get help logging in and enter your username, email address, then tap on Need more help? and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Select your email address or phone number and click on Send Security Code. If you don’t receive it, tap on I can’t access this email or phone number and follow Instagram’s instructions.
To prevent your Instagram account stealing and hacking, follow these tips to upgrade the security of your account:
Photo – Instagram, unsplash.com