If you can not log into your Instagram account, this could be due to a bunch of problems, such as a forgotten password, or email address, or your account could be hacked or deactivated, and even deleted. In this article, we’ll explain to you how to recover an Instagram account.
- How to recover an Instagram account without password by email or telephone number
- How to recover an Instagram account using a linked Facebook account
- What to do if your account has been deleted
- How to recover a permanently disabled Instagram account
- What to do if your Instagram account has been hacked?
- Tips to protect your Instagram account
- Read further
How to recover an Instagram account without password by email or telephone number
If you are unable to type your password when logging into your Instagram account, don’t worry, you can still recover it even if your password is forgotten.
- For Android: On the login page, tap Get help logging in and enter your username, email or phone number. Then, simply tap Next and follow the on-screen prompts.
- For iOS: On the login page, tap Forgot password and enter your username, email or phone number. Then, simply tap Next and follow the on-screen prompts.
How to recover an Instagram account using a linked Facebook account
You can also recover your Instagram account using your Facebook account if they are linked. To do so:
- For Android: Tap on Forgot? > Reset with Facebook.
- For iOS: Tap on Forgot password on the login screen and select Reset using Facebook.
What to do if your account has been deleted
Unfortunately, if you deleted your Instagram account or someone who knows the password did it, you can not recover it. The only way is to create a new Instagram account. Remember that if you’d like to take a pause on Instagram, you don’t have to delete your account, you can just temporarily disable it.
How to recover a permanently disabled Instagram account
What to do if your Instagram account has been hacked?
If you can not access your Instagram account and you think it could be hacked, follow these steps:
Check if you received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org saying that your email address has been changed. If it wasn’t you who did it, cancel it by clicking on the corresponding link in the email. If something else has been changed (such as the password, for example), ask Instagram to receive a login link or a security code.
How to request a login link
1. To request a login link, tap on Get help logging in for Android, and Forgot password? for iOS devices.
2. Type in your username, email address, phone number linked to your account and tap on Next.
3. Select where you’d like to receive your login link (email address or phone number) and tap Send Login Link.
4. When you receive the link, click on it and follow the instructions.
How to request a security code
If you can’t recover your account with the login link, you can request the security code or support. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. On the Login screen, tap on Get help logging in and enter your username, email address, then tap on Need more help? and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Select your email address or phone number and click on Send Security Code. If you don’t receive it, tap on I can’t access this email or phone number and follow Instagram’s instructions.
Tips to protect your Instagram account
To prevent your Instagram account stealing and hacking, follow these tips to upgrade the security of your account:
- Turn on Two-factor authentication in your Instagram settings to secure each login.
- Check if your telephone number and email address are still yours from time to time since it’s the first thing hackers change.
- Change your Instagram password regularly and make it strong.
- Don’t follow the suspicious links and messages from unknown accounts.
Photo – Instagram, unsplash.com
- Instagram account recovery
- Recover instagram account - Best answers
- Security@mail.instagram.com - Best answers
- Instagram account recovery tool - How-To - Instagram
- Disabled instagram account recovery - How-To - Instagram
- Instagram disabled account recovery - Forum - Instagram
- Hotmail account recovery - How-To - Hotmail
- My instagram account is restricted from advertising - How-To - Instagram