If you are familiar with TikTok then you might already know that it has some competitors, such as the Likee app and Instagram Reels. It’s a new feature on Instagram using which you can create short Vine-like 15-seconds videos, add filters and special effects and post them on your Instagram account. In this article, we will explain to you what are Instagram Reels and how to use them.
Instagram Reels is a built-in feature of the app that allows you to create short funny videos, edit them and post them online. It is a popular way to create content for influencers and celebrities on social media. It is a handy idea to enjoy 15-seconds films within the Instagram app if you don’t want to download TikTok or Likee and prefer to stay in the familiar interface. Read on to discover how to use Reels on Instagram.
Creating a reel doesn’t require any special skills or add-ons, it’s accessible through the app.
1.Open the latest version of the Instagram app and swipe right to access the Instagram camera. Otherwise, you can tap the camera icon on the top left.
2. Tap Reels at the bottom of the screen.
3. Finally, tap the record button to create your Reel. Instagram Reel length should be between 3 and 15 seconds.
4. On the left pane, you can use various editing tools, such as special effects, masks, text, and audio adding, as well as some AR effects.
5. After you create a Reel, you can post it online to your feed or as a story. You can also save it for later as a draft by clicking on Save. Afterwards, you can find your saved Reel in the Reels tab in your Instagram profile.
You can discover new Reels made by other people and watch the most trending ones in the Explore section.
If you already have a video you’d like to upload to Instagram as a Reel, that’s also possible.
1. Launch Instagram and swipe right to open the camera.
2. Select Reels at the bottom and swipe up to open your phone’s library.
3. Choose the video you’d like to upload and use the trim feature if you need to cut it.
4. When the video has a convenient size, add audio, text, or other special effects, such as slowing it down or speeding it up, applying filters and AR effects, etc. Finally, you can save it as a draft or directly publish it.
When you record a Reel you can use the editing panel on the left side of your screen. Here you can pick a song by tapping on audio, change the speed of your Reel, add special effects, and trim your video. If you encounter any problems with creating or uploading a reel, check out the Instagram Reels tutorials and help page.
If you have a public Instagram account, you can share your Reels to Explore tab and be discovered by a large Instagram community. Otherwise, you can share your Reels only to your feed.
If you have a private account, your Reels will only be available for your followers, and other users couldn’t access them.
According to various social media researches, the best time to post anything on Instagram is Wednesday at 11 am and Friday at 11 am. To learn more about how the Instagram algorithm works, check out this article.
Photo – Unsplash.com, Instagram