I am trying to have 1 of 8 different macro's run depending on the value of a specific cell.
- If I enter 1 in cell A3, I would like macro1 to run. If I change cell A3 to 2, I would like macro2 to run and so on all the way up to entering 8 and getting macro8 to run. I am unable to find any good examples of how to do this.
- Is there any way to use a formula to get this accomplished? If not what is the macro code I will need.
Try to use this macro and adapt it if you need :
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If [A3] = 1 Then Call Macro1 End If If [A3] = 2 Then Call Macro2 End If If [A3] = 3 Then Call Macro3 End If If [A3] = 4 Then Call Macro4 End If If [A3] = 5 Then Call Macro5 End If If [A3] = 6 Then Call Macro6 End If If [A3] = 7 Then Call Macro7 End If If [A3] = 8 Then Call Macro8 End If End Sub
Thanks to venkat1926 for this tip on the forum.
- Excel - Run Macro on Cell Change
- Excel run macro on cell change - How-To - Excel
- Excel - Run Macro on Cell Change ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel run macro when cell value changes ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Blinking cell in excel without macro ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel update cell date based on another cell change without vba ✓ - Forum - Excel
This document, titled « Excel - Run Macro on Cell Change », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).