Windows - Folder Options missing from Windows Explorer
Following a virus infection, you can no longer access the Folder options from Windows Explorer. Here's how to correct this issue:
- Click on Start > Run
- Type the following command and press Enter: gpedit.msc
- Go to User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Explorer
- Double click on "Remove the Folder Options menu item from the Tools menu" and turn this feature "Off".
First you can try to re-register the DLLs:
- Open the command prompt and type the following commands:
- regsvr32 /i browseui.dll
- regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
Enabling the Folder Options via the Registry:
- Open the Start menu and click Run
- Type "regedit" to open the registry
- Go to : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- Right-click on NofolderOptions and select "Modify"
- Set its value to 0 and click on "OK " to reactivate Folder Options
- Close the registry and restart your computer to save all settings
This manipulation can be simplified using Notepad:
- Save the file using the .reg extension
Published by netty5
Latest update on November 2, 2016 at 05:54 AM by owilson.