I want to delete a file. pdf but impossible, as if it was used but this is not the case. How to proceed?
The basic audit:
- Make sure the file is simply not locked,
- Make: Apple + I to get infos, you can uncheck the "Locked"
Then, if the file is not locked but that the trash refuses to be emptied:
The method uses the application "Terminal":
- Start-Terminal (located in Applications/Utilities/Terminal)
- In the Terminal window type:
: Notice the space between rm and-R
The freeware ready who can do it for you on the field:
Super Empty Trash
- You type a space after the R
- You drag the file to delete from the Terminal window, it will go alone to this space
- Then tap the "Enter"
- Write your password .. and hop over recalcitrant file.
This document, titled « MAC OS - Unable to delete a PDF file », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM