CCM has its own database, which is growing larger as time passes. To perform a search on CCM you can use:
This search bar (see picture) is for making general search on CCM. By typing a keyword (example: NTFS), the search engine will search the topics (FAQ, Forum post...etc ) where the word NTFS has been used.
The general search bar cover the following sections:
The second search bar, is exclusively reserved for the forum database.
- E.g .. you get an error (80048820), in this case you search the forum and get all the related posts.
- Also you can refine your searches by selecting the appropriate forum category.
The search engine has the following limitations:
Here are the commands that can be used to refine your searches:
- Only the first 255 characters of each message are indexed
- It is updated every minute
The following operators can be used:
- answers:true|1|yes displays messages with answers (false|0 for unanswered posts)
- forum:true|1|yes search in the forum window (etc)
- solved:true|1|yes search for solved messages (false|0 the unsolved)
- question:true|1|yes search the question (false|0 for replies in only)
- member:true|1|yes search for posts made by members (false|0 for anonymous)
- user: "username" search for posts made by a specific user
- show:last displays the name of the author and the date of the last post
Search by date:
- OR Operator : hello|world
- NOT Operator : hello -world, hello !world
- Phrase "hello world"
- Proximity (max distance between words in quotation marks): "hello world"~10
- Word beginning with: compu*
The predefined operators:
- year: 2009
- month: 02
- day: 31
The search feature and the "My messages" section are linked. So just click on "My Messages" and enter a keyword in the search engine to search for a related post in your published messages:
- You can also search all posts made by a specific user
Published by jak58
Latest update on June 22, 2015 at 03:26 AM by Jeff.