Recently I've been trying to log into my hotmail and check my email. However, when I do it takes me to a page that says to enter my password and re-agree to all the privacy statement and such.
I've done this over and over, and all it does it refresh the page; not letting me in.
My Messenger works just fine, so could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Here are the points to check:
- 1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.
- 2. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
Delete Cookies button.
- 3. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
- 4. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
- regsvr32 softpub.dll
- then click OK
- 5. Restart messenger and IE
Thanks to Homer for this tip