No need to "jailbreak" your iPod for this trick to work.
Create an IPPI account
- Visit the site IPPI.fr
- Then click on Sign up for free.
- Fill out the form correctly.
- For a free account, you must ticked:
- Identity: individual
- Service:ippi Free 0,00 €/mois
- You already have a SIP hardware.
- Then click Next.
- Five boxes will be displayed (down the page): 01 / 02 / 03 / 04 / 05
- Then choose one that matches your region (eg Paris, 01; Nantes: 02 ...).
- From there, a list of numbers will appear.
- Choose one that suits you and write it down!
- Complete the form with real coordinates.
Install IPPI on your iPod Touch
- Go to the AppStore.
- Search for IPPI.
- Install it, it's free.
- Go to Settings and enter your ID and passwords.
- Note: For iPod Touch 8GB, you need to buy a micro-headset which costs about 30 € at the Apple Store.
- Your phone is configured! You can receive your calls and listen to your messages by pressing the *1234.
- Go back on the AppStore.
- Search for global aq lite, it is free.
- Install it and start it.
- Create an account with a username YopMail (disposable email) to avoid pubs..
- A number begining with +88 will be assigned, your SMS number.
- An SMS sent to a number beginning with + 88 are very cheap.
- You can with these two services, call and send SMS from your iPod Touch.
- What is good is that there is no commitment, you can use it as long as you want.
- You can subscribe if you want to IPPI.
- For SMS, you just go to the store and credit.
- You must leave the application open for IPPI to receive calls. However the OS 4 will support multitasking and should allow you run IPPI in the backgroung all the time.
- You need a Wi-Fi, but you can easily retrieve hotspot IDs on the Internet, giving you a connection almost anywhere in the big cities.
- You need a microphone for iPod touch 8 GB
And now, you can receive your calls, all for free!
- Receive calls and SMS on your iPod Touch for free
- Ipod touch not playing music ✓ - Forum - IPad/iPod/iPod Touch
- How to stop receiving calls from unknown numbers - How-To - Android
- Dropped ipod touch won't turn on ✓ - Forum - IPad/iPod/iPod Touch
- My internet disconnects when i receive calls ✓ - Forum - Network
- Ipod touch not showing up in itunes ✓ - Forum - IPad/iPod/iPod Touch
This document, titled « Receive calls and SMS on your iPod Touch for free », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).