3D rendering engines
Here is a list of 3D rendering engines to create awesome graphics.
- Some are free, while others are paid software (offering a a limited trial period).
- Some of the rendering engines are capable of importing various 3D formats or integrate them directly into modelers.
Here's our selection of free or open source softwares:
Pixar studios is now offering a non commercial version of RenderMan for free. RenderMan is the famous rendering software Pixar has been using since the 80s for its creation. This is a 3D rendering engine that allows you yo create photorealistic results.
The software is not necessarily easy to handle as it was primarily designed for professionals. A discussion forum is available for RenderMan users:
- Blender is a complete software for 3D modeling/texturing/editing/rendering.
- It integrates its own rendering engine.
- Link to website: http://www.blender.org/
- Gallery: http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/gallery/art-gallery/
- Supported formats: VRML, DXF, 3DS, DWG, DAE, DirectX, LWO, MD2, SVG, PS, OBJ and others.
Commercial software - Free trial version
Here's our selection of paid software, offering a free trial period!