To find Web Components Slices, Windows offers a gallery with list of components useful Web Slices:
- Go to the Microsoft site: http://ieaddons.com/en/
- In the right column, click on Most Popular or Most Recent
- Click on the Web Slices you want to add to your Favorites panel
- A window opens, click on "Add to Favorites panel"
To disable the Web Slices Components buttons on a Web page:
- click Tools
- click Internet Options
- click the Content tab
- In the Feeds and Web Slice section, click Settings
Uncheck the Automatically check Feeds and Web Slices for updates
A Web page includes several components as Web Slices button Detection lists when you surf this page
If you own a site, you can decide which Web Slice component to be displayed first, putting it forward in order to represent the entire web page. For example, an online bookstore can have on a page rankings for sales and reviews of books. It may be advantageous to put forward the Web Slice component of bestsellers as the default item.
To specify the component Web Slice by default:
<link rel="default-slice" type="application/x-hatom" href="#auction" /> (href is the ID of the component Web Slice in the current document)