How to uninstall software that is invisible in "Add or remove programs"
I want to uninstall a software but i can't see it in "Add or remove programs". What should i do?
- Some programs, such as the spies' software (Spyware), do not appear in the list of the programs installed visible since the Add/remove Programs of the Control panel of Windows. It thus becomes impossible to uninstall them.
- From Windows explorer, modify the options to make visible the files and folders protected and hidden of the operation system.
- Edit the file sysoc.inf being in the repertory C:\WINDOWS\inf (stage number 1 is important, this file and folders of Windows being both hidden by default).
- Locate the line corresponding to the program in question and remove the parameter "HIDE" of this one without touching the commas
- Save and close the file sysoc.inf, then go Add/remove programs to proceed to the removal of the software.
This document, titled « Software that are invisible in "Add or remove programs" », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM