I have a powerbook with OSX, I want to get my email from my hotmail account via "MAIL", how to configure the account?
- POP Server: pop3.live.com port 995 (en SSL)
- SMTP Server: smtp.live.com port 25
- Username: your hotmail address
- Password: your password
Tested without concerns for Thunderbird, should work well in OS X Mail.
For some ISP, it is imperative to use their SMTP server, for e.g live.com doesn't work not on some configurations. If this were the case, replace the smtp.live.com by the smtp server provided by your ISP.
Thanks to MaamuT for this tip.
- OS X Mail - retrieving mails from your Hotmail account
- Mail server for hotmail on iphone - How-To - Email
- How To Reset Your Mac OS X Mail Preferences - How-To - MacOS
- Retrieve my hotmail account - How-To - Hotmail
- Mail.com deleted my account - Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Incoming mail server for gmail account - How-To - Gmail