Disable autorun by default under Windows to avoid infections through your removable drives: USB flash drives, external hard drives, MP3 players, cards, digital cameras, etc. ...
- When connected to a PC, the infection is transmitted via removable drives such as cookies!
- Here are some examples:
- Create a .reg file
- Open Notepad and copy/paste the following code:
- Name it as: autorun_disable.reg
- Double-click the file to run. You will receive a message asking if you want to add data in the registry.
- Click Yes to allow the change.
- Restart the system for the changes to take effect
Published by jak58
Latest update on July 17, 2010 at 07:34 AM by jak58.