How to use text value in cell as criteria
In cell D1, I'm using a SUMIF formula like so
=sum if (A:A; criteria; B:B).
In Column A and B is a list of charges different companies made, the name is on A and the value of the charge is in column B. Each company has multiple charges, so their names will repeat as many times in A. So I want to sum the total charge for each company separate. So what I did is write out their names in Column C, and then what I want to do, starting from the first company in C1 is use the formula I wrote above the display the total sum for that company. But I can't figure out how to use a cell with a text value as a criteria. so for example:
=sum if (A:A; text value in C1; B:B)
I know I can write out the name of the company as the criteria, but if I do it the way I want to I can just drag the formula down the D column next to the C column, which would save time.
You can use the cell address instead of typing in the value
=SUMIF(A:A; "=" & C1; B:B)
Solved by rizvisa1
- Use text from cell in formula
- Excel vba msgbox when cell meets criteria ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel VBA - - Msg Box when cell meets criteria - How-To - Excel
- How to use text value in cell as criteria ✓ - Forum - Office Software
- If cell contains (multiple text criteria) then return (corresponding text criteria) ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel if cell contains date then return value ✓ - Forum - Office Software