I have been following the thread from people with similar problems but mine is not fixed. This all happened yesterday when AVG falsely identified by Zone Alarm as a Trojan and the 'Resident Shield' collected 350,000 examples as Zone Alarm ran during all night. I uninstalled both AVG and Zone alarm but since then I am unable to browse the internet for longer than a few minutes. I have tried everything. I can access email and FTP. I can ping to URL and IP but cannot browse.
I have tried to fix it with winsockxpfix but no effect.
- Start> Control Panel> Admin. Tools> and dns
- Stop dns service and restart your system
- and check if you are able to browse the net.
Solved by asif on the forum
- Unable to browse the internet, but FTP, email and ping work
- Unable to browse internet - How-To - Internet
- Unable to browse internet even though connected ✓ - Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Internet connected but unable to browse ✓ - Forum - WiFi
- Cannot browse - ftp ok, email ok, ping ok ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Cannot browse, but have internet connection? ✓ - Forum - Network