Viruses may be responsible for unpredictable system activity such as repeated and multiple security warning pop-ups, etc. An antivirus can be used to eliminate the viruses or malwares to restore normal system activity. To rid the system of the Trojans, viruses or malwares, it is recommended to run the anti-virus in the safe mode with networking. If required, the computer can be connected to the internet and an anti-malware can be downloaded. The security and proxy setting for internet access may have to be set manually as malwares often hijack the settings. After the viruses and malwares have been removed, the computer can be restarted normally and unpredicable security warning pop-ups should not occur.
Security warnings pop-up
I have an HP laptop, Windows Vista. I have been trying to get rid of this virus for so long. I keep on getting these annoying security pop-ups whenever I try to open Firefox/internet explorer, any program on my desktop, and even the task manager! These security pop-ups keep on multiplying. Fortunately the program I can open is my webroot antivirus...It did catch Trojan virus, and the Mal/fake virus. But it made no difference...the security warnings lead me to purchasing an "antivirone". I really need help getting rid of this.
You can try these steps:
- Reboot your computer in Safe mode with networking.
- Reset proxy settings of your browser (this malware hijacked them) by doing this: run Internet Explorer,
Click Tools -> Internet Options.
Select Connections Tab and click to Lan Settings button.
Uncheck "Use a proxy server" box.
Click OK and click OK again.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware. Install, perform a scan and let it remove what it found.
Reboot afterwards (important).
Solved by xpcman
- Security warnings pop-up
- I have security warning pop ups ✓ - Forum - Viruses/Security
- Firefox security warning keeps popping up - Guide
- File download - security warning ✓ - Forum - Viruses/Security
- You have a security problem pop up! ✓ - Forum - Viruses/Security
- Windows security warning downloading spyware ✓ - Forum - Viruses/Security