Some time ago use of iPhone and iTouch as a USB flash drive, seemed impossible,but only through from Applicataion fromthe iTunes Store, in conjunction with a third party software.
But now that Jailbreak is legal in the US (for now) it is possible to perform such feat, with no additional software.
- A jailbreaked iPhone or iPod Touch
- USB Drive via Cydia: http://apt.dmytro.me/
- The site must be accessed from the device!
USB Device Drive creates partitions on the device which are then used as free space.
The three modes available:
- Drive + iTunes: Support the use with iTunes and the use of the device as a pendrive.
- Default: Normal mode (Device is not used as USB key).
- Drive only: Only USB flash drive mode (no connection to iTunes).
This document, titled « Using your iPhone and iPod Touch as a USB flash drive », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM