In order to observe your outgoing network connections and open ports, type in a terminal in real time:
sudo watch lsof -i
- Items displayed:
- The name of the program making the connection (COMMAND) and its PID
- The user who started the program (USER)
- The login
- This display is updated every 2 seconds.
Using netstat utility allows you to display a connection status, but the information displayed screen is not updated when the connections change. Netstat shows results only once.
- Using netstat
- To use netstat
- Start/ Run/ cmd and in the MS-DOS type the command:
- The connections will be displayed.
- See connections in a real time enviroment
- Excel: Real-time connections to a website - How-To - Excel
- The connection with sony entertainment timed out ✓ - Forum - PS3/PS4
- Tiktok real-time my account - How-To - TikTok
- Ps3 the connection to the server timed out - Forum - PS3/PS4
- Glympse - Share your location in real-time with your contacts - How-To - Mobile