Start button and task bar gone after new video card installation
I had to reinstall my video card, so I removed it, restarted deleted all files necessary, restarted, ran my virus, spyware, malware, etc programs. Turned off the computer, installed the video card and restarted the computer. Start button and task bar was still visible. I ran the video card software, no problems. Everything was in 600x800 formats so I changed it to 1024x768 screens and the start button and task bar disappeared. I do not know how to bring that back up. Any help will be helpful. I have the windows Xp home edition operating system on a compaq computer. Thank you.
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL at the same time.
- Select File > New Task (Run...)
- Then type explorer.exe.
Solved by iDmatt
- Start button and task bar gone after new video card installation
- Start button and task bar gone after new vide ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Task bar and start button missing ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Desktopitems and start and task bar missing!! ✓ - Forum - Viruses/Security
- How to run start menu from task manager ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Pc start button not working ✓ - Forum - Hardware