I have Windows 98 installed on my C drive and Windows XP installed on my D drive. My C drive is 7GB and D drive is 8GB. I hardly used Windows 98, but I want to keep it. I want to increase size of D drive and decrease C drive without affecting other drives (E, F, G, etc). How can I do that? Is Partition Magic the tool or is there any other good tool? Please help.
Please do not confuse "memory" with "storage". Memory is the solid state "chips" that are on boards attached directly to the motherboard. Storage is the space on your hard drive use to store programs and data. I recommend Easeus Partition Manager - If you have a D partition you free up space on the D and then expand the C partition space. It takes two or three steps to do it.
Solved by xpcman
- How to expand a partition without formatting
- How to expand a partition without formatting ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Hard disk partitioning and formatting - Articles
- Partition without format ✓ - Forum - System software
- Partition and Formatting ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Ubuntu - How to format a partition or drive? - How-To - Ubuntu