External harddisk problem
My external hard disk's one folder is not accessible, when I click that folder one message box appear & some message written there such as - "H\SOFTWARE (a folder) is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable". This problem was happened when I was scanning my hard disk by an antivirus & that time my computer was not responding, so that time I opened directly the USB connection of hard disk from CPU. Then this problem is occurred and now that folder is showing that it is empty.
I had this problem since last week, and I thought that I lost all my data which was on my Ext HDD. So... the solution is to easy just right click on your dead drive and go to the properties you must click on Scan and fix errors then restart your computer ( don't unplug your Ext HDD or Dead drive let it be connected ) it will fix everything automatically. It is not something to worry.
Solved by Mori
- External harddisk problem
- ลืม password external harddisk - How-To - Hardware
- External Harddisk stops working ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Unable to detect external harddisk ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Logical structure of harddisk - How-To - Hard Disk Drive
- My external hard disk is corrupted and unreadable ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD