With the Sony VAIO E Series laptop, a situation may occur where restoring the factory settings is the only option for getting rid of critical errors. While the F8 or F10 keys can help in some cases, the most important piece of hardware for getting you out of the woods is your CD or DVD ROM drive, along with Windows installation and recovery CDs. Both CDs are supplied with the Sony VAIO E Series laptop. They can be used to format the hard disk and perform a system recovery in order to restore the laptop's factory settings.
Restoring VAIO laptop factory settings
I am using the Sony VAIO E Series "vpceb16fg". When I use the recovery discs to restore the C partition to factory settings, the system comes back to the grub loading page. Now I am unable to enter Windows. I have tried using assist buttons and the F10 and F8 keys too, but they don't help me get into Windows!
Boot from any Windows installation CD, formatting the hard disk. Reboot from your recovery CD then perform a system recovery.
- Restoring VAIO laptop factory settings
- Restore dell laptop factory settings - How-To - Laptop computer
- How to restore vaio to factory settings ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Reset Sony Vaio to factory settings Windows 7 - Forum - Laptop
- Restore sony vaio to factory settings ✓ - Forum - Windows 8
- Reset a sony vaio VGN-NR38E to factory settings - Forum - Recovery software