I tried to install Windows 7 onto my laptop, which is a Dell Inspiron, and now the screen is blank when I try to turn it on. It starts to turn up and load as normal, but when it gets to what should be the login screen, its blank apart from the mouse icon.
- Insert Windows 7 installation DVD and boot from DVD drive.
- "Press any key to boot from the CD" appears, just press any key.
- Windows 7 will load the set up files. Then follow the instructions by selecting language and country and then click next.
- Next you can find the option "Repair your computer", Just click on this.
- "System Recovery Options" window will be opened ---->then select the partition where your Windows 7 is installed and then click Next.
- Now click on "Startup Repair" and follow the instructions. This tool should be able to solve any issues causing Windows startup.
Solved by jack4rall
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on November 24, 2016 at 10:16 AM by Jeff.