If you want to add a ComboBox to one of your worksheets, in order to hace some additional options (drop-down list), here's the procedure:
First you must create the list of items you want to have in your ComboBox:
In our example we will make use of a list of the types of websites/blogs.
- Create this list somewhere on your worksheet,(e.g From cells: E13-E17)
- Activate the Developer Tab:
- Office(orb) button/Excel Options/ POpular / check Show Developer tab in the ribbon.
- Click on the Developer tab
- In the Controls Section click on the Insert button and select the Combo Box tool.
- You'll notice that the mouse pointer changes to a small crosshair.
- To create the combo box click and drag the mouse button on an empty space of your work sheet. Once you obtain the desired size (height X Length) release the mouse button and the combo box will appear in your worksheet.
Right-click on the combo box/Context menu appears/ select the last option Format Control
In the windows that open simply input the cell range define earlier (list of options to be displayed in the combo box).
- Here in our case (using this format):
- Input range: E13:E17
- So here's your Combo box ready for use:
Published by jak58
Latest update on September 9, 2010 at 08:48 AM by jak58.