To compile a source code written in a language like C with Dev C++ under Windows Vista
Operating System, can be a difficult process. Like many problems, there are two ways to solve this one: the quick way or the other, most recommended, one, which may be a lengthy process. The quick solution involves using g++ compiler that can be used with Dev-PSV, replacing the gcc.exe file under the Programs tab of the Tools/Compiler option with g++.exe
. The recommended one is by downloading and installing CodeBlocks & Mingw. CodeBlocks which would help find the gcc compiler automatically.
Compiling a C source code under Vista with Dev C++, can be quite a difficult procedure.
- Quick solution: the g++ compiler
To be used with Dev-PSV:
- Go to Tools/compiler options and then click on the Programs tab.
- Replace gcc.exe found in the first case with g++.exe
The use of g++ to compile a C code is not necessarily the most appropriate method. Here below you shall find the most suitable way:
- Download the CodeBlocks: http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads.
- Have Mingw download and install it.
- Download the following file from and uncompress it in C:mingw.
- Install CodeBlocks
- CodeBlocks will automatically find Gcc