Sometimes, after installations required for fixing operating systems like Windows XP due to a malware attack, the iTunes fails to work properly. Even with the latest version, required frameworks and updates, the launch of iTunes still does not work. Instead, Windows generates an error message - Error 7 (Windows error 998). This issue can be tackled. From the Control Panel options of the system, one has to remove iTunes as well as Quick Time and Apple Mobile Device, Bonjour software. After this, one has to download iTunes from the manufacturer site and, with the help of Quick Time Installer, has to reinstall iTunes in the system.
iTunes error 7 (windows error 998)
I have Windows XP and I recently had a virus and had some work done. After this I had to repair a lot of my installations. However, iTunes is still not working. I install it and try to launch it but I keep getting the message "iTunes was not installed properly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (windows error 998)". I found an article on Apple's support website that talked about .net framework. I got the latest version and made sure all the updates were installed. I have frameworks 1, 2, and 3 and all the updates for each of them - however, it still will not work. Will someone please help me?
- Click the "Start" button on your PC's desktop, and click "Control Panel" from the pop-up menu.
- Select the "Add or Remove Programs" link in the Control Panel window in Windows XP, or select the "Uninstall a program" link underneath the "Programs" section of the Control Panel window in Windows 7 or Vista.
- Select "iTunes" in the Add or Remove Programs window, and click the "Remove" button. Repeat this step for "Bonjour," "QuickTime" and "Apple Mobile Device" in the Add or Remove Programs window. For Windows 7 or Vista, select the program you wish to remove and click the "Uninstall" button at the top of the program window.
- Go to the Apple website (see Resources). Select the "iTunes" tab, and click the "Free Download" button.
- Enter your email address, and click the "Download Now" button. Click the "Run" button on the pop-up box, and click the "Run" button in the Security Warning window.
- Click "Next" in the iTunes & QuickTime Installer window, and follow the on-screen installation instructions to complete the reinstallation.
Solved by kristain
- ITunes error 7 (Windows error 998)
- ITunes error 7 (windows error 998) <<help>> ✓ - Forum - ITunes
- Itunes backup location windows 7 - How-To - iTunes
- ITunes ERROR 3259 - How-To - iTunes
- Itunes error 69 ✓ - Forum - IPad/iPod/iPod Touch
- Itunes error this iphone cannot be used because the required software is not installed ✓ - Forum - Programming