A computer system will not be able to detect the Walkman NWZ-E435F MP4
if the drivers are not installed correctly. The Walkman NWZ-E435F MP4
is an MTP device and the computer cannot recognize it as an MTP device unless the device drivers for the Walkman are installed properly. A closer look at the hardware devices attached to the computer through the Device Manager utility
will reveal all the device drivers installed on the system. From the portable devices section, update the driver for the Walkman NWZ-E435F MP4
and select the Mass Storage Device
option during the procedure. Once the drivers are installed correctly, the computer will be able to detect the Walkman NWZ-E435F MP4
My problem is that when I try to connect my MP4 to my PC, a "connecting" message appears on screen, but then nothing.
I can't access any of the folders of my MP4.
The problem may be due to the fact that your MP4 is an MTP device and that your PC does not recognize it.
Here's how to handle this:
- My Computer and right-click
- Then go to "Properties"
- Select "Device Manager"
- You will get a screen, search for the portable devices section
- Click on "Update Driver Software"
- Then click the radio button "Install from a list or specific location". Finally, in the next window, select "Do not search, select the driver to use", and click on Next
- Select "Mass Storage Device", as location. (The drivers are already pre-installed on your MP4)
- Wait for the procedure to end and restart your PC!
Original tip by July
This document, titled « My PC does not detect my Walkman NWZ-E435F MP4 », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM