Under Outlook 2007
Under Outlook 2007, whenever you replt to a mail or forward it, the operation is perfomed in a new window . It still remains that the window containing the original message remains unnecessarily open. It's quite annoying if you need to handle a dozen of emails at the same time.
- To automatically close the original post after treating it, follow this procedure:
- Click the Tool> Options.
- In the Preferences tab, click on the E-mail options
- Simply check on the "Close original message after reply or forward"
- Click on OK to finalize your choice.
Under Outlook 2010
Under Outlook 2010 the path to this enable this option is different, but still the procedure remains simple:
- Click on File > Options > Mail tab
- Scroll to the "Replies and Forward" section.
- Check the box next to " "Close original message window when replying or forwarding".
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 24, 2010 at 06:30 AM by jak58.