Here's a small tip on how to compress and decompress files (zip files) with installing any prior software (still a java applet will be installed). The procedure is done via an online resource http://www.ezyzip.com/
Tested with Google chrome:
- First connect to the website
- Normally if java is not installed on your browser, you will be automatically redirected to java.com
- Download and install chromeinstall-6u21.exe.
- Once done go back to http://www.ezyzip.com/
- You shall be prompted if you want to run an the online application, of course click on "Run"
- Here's what you shall get:
- Choose the type of operation you want to perform (Zip/Unzip)- All the instructions are given on the website.
- That's a nice tool to compress/decompress your files on the fly!
- Note that: for easy access you can create an Application desktop shortcut with Chrome:read this FAQ
This document, titled « ezyZip - Zip/Unzip your files online », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM