WD Mybook not recognized

Solved/Closed
Nurfed101 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday November 25, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2017 - Updated on Sep 9, 2019 at 07:48 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 25, 2017 at 04:55 AM
Hello, guys I'm suppose to ask a question but I am providing a solution to WD external hard drives at least for my book anyways, I've had my My Book for a couple years gave up on because I couldn't figure how get stuff to save to the harddrive because it was not being recognized. Here is the easy answer for this fix you have to download WD Quick Formatter here is the link because it took me forever to figure out how to do this I went from website to website but here is your solution download this.Install it you have to extract it I created a new folder on my hard drive for WD software once you accept the license it will give you the option to click continue to scan for the drive takes a few seconds for it to scan and it will show your WD My Book, then you click format drive now this software is only for external harddrives so don't worry about reformating your own drive and once it formats you are done :) it will show up under file explorer now.

System Configuration: Windows / Firefox 57.0

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Nov 25, 2017 at 04:55 AM
Thank you for the advice.