Facebook account disabled due to copyright infringement

Aking34 - Dec 10, 2017 at 06:08 PM - Latest reply:  sajibyx9814
- Mar 15, 2018 at 12:08 PM
Hello,

My fb account has been disabled by Facebook due to copyright infringement. It wasn't my intention to hurt nor disrespect its company. It is just that, I didn't know really.
See more 

26 replies

Reply to this topic
Ambucias 51126 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus April 22, 2018 Last seen - Dec 10, 2017 at 06:10 PM
Helpful
Hi

That you for sharing your issue. Now do you have a question for us?
facebook disabled my acc for uploading a sport video .. they have warned me before . i know it's a mistake but disabling my account forever it's insane ... how ever i have sent many messages but they didn't replay any .. i have tried to make other accounts but guess what guys they have detected my computer any my phone ip for making other accounts ... every time i make a new one they disabled it for the same reason .. i tried to send an apple now but i can't don't know why
is there's anything can help ????
ac3mark 9176 Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration dateModeratorStatus April 20, 2018 Last seen - Mar 14, 2018 at 07:10 PM
Oh you were warned!
yes they have warned me and blocked me for 3 days without uploading any videos
that's okay
but i had this account for 9 years a lot of memories there and friends i can't even contact them in real life
Ambucias 51126 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus April 22, 2018 Last seen > MinaSalah - Mar 15, 2018 at 05:06 AM
That's very sad!
is sending a letter would help ???
Respond to Ambucias
Helpful
Is there a chance FB will activate it again?
Respond to Aking34
Ambucias 51126 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus April 22, 2018 Last seen - Dec 10, 2017 at 06:27 PM
Helpful
May be. We are not Facebook and we have nothing to do with Facebook. It all depends on the copyright infringement and on who analyses your appeal as you must appeal if you want your account back. I doubt that Facebook will want to go through the work of deleting the copyrighted material if there is a lot of it and they will no enable your account to let you do it.

See this link below and they may guide you into getting your account back:

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/260749603972907

Good luck
Respond to Ambucias
sajibyx9814 - Feb 9, 2018 at 06:35 AM
Helpful
same problem
i have lots of memories there
plz help
Ambucias 51126 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus April 22, 2018 Last seen - Feb 9, 2018 at 06:44 AM
The only help available is contained in my answer above which you should read.
Respond to sajibyx9814
Blueangel123 6 Posts Saturday February 24, 2018Registration date February 26, 2018 Last seen - Feb 24, 2018 at 04:48 AM
Helpful
I'm going through this as well. I've had a personal fb account for years. Last year they popped up that icon for "facebook marketplace" where you can list stuff and sell to people locally. I thought I'd try it. Sold a couch and some other things from around the house.

One day I listed a harley davidson sign my husband had. The next morning I woke up to a message from facebook saying they removed it for trademark infringement. Apparently the people who sold him the sign (they make all sorts of signs made out of iron) didn't have permission to use the cool Harley logo they had on it. Ugh....the email said they were removing the ad but I quickly found out when I tried to log into my account that they disabled my ENTIRE personal facebook account.

Had I known I NEVER would have listed it. Had I known listing ANYTHING on fb marketplace to in any way lead to me losing my personal fb acct. I never would have listed ANYTHING to begin with. I've sent appeal after appeal. crickets....................
Blueangel123 6 Posts Saturday February 24, 2018Registration date February 26, 2018 Last seen - Feb 26, 2018 at 02:45 AM
You too!
Did you get this resolved with Facebook? I'm going through the same exact thing. I've been denied reactivation. What's the next step? Thanks!
ac3mark 9176 Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration dateModeratorStatus April 20, 2018 Last seen - Feb 28, 2018 at 07:34 PM
@carol
Please start your own thread, as you may be experiencing same thing, but may be different cause.
Carol, I WISH I could help you. But all I have to go by is my own situation and I've found absolutely NO resolution. NO way to contact anyone. NO answers to my many follow up appeals. Heck, I even tried sending a letter to facebook headquarters (KNOWING it would probably fall into a big black hole) and I've never received ANY kind of answer (other than the initial reply from "Marya" to the original appeal which I posted above).

I think I'm still somewhat in shock that they would disable my entire account over ONE incident. Especially something like trademark infringement. It's not like I was out there making things that infringed on a trademark. I can't believe I'm the ONLY person to ever buy a freakin' SIGN without knowing the ins and outs of whether the company that sold it to me had a trademark agreement with another company. Sheesh.

They're pushing this facebook marketplace onto normal everyday people like me and telling us how easy it is to list and sell stuff from around the house on it. You'd think if we make a simple mistake like this they'd at least offer up a warning or something.
Like I said, had I known there was ANY way I could possibly lose my entire personal facebook account by listing something on their new marketplace I would have NEVER EVER listed there to begin with.
Respond to Blueangel123