VBA question

Closed
Yuenja - Updated on Feb 21, 2018 at 06:10 PM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 21, 2018 at 05:02 PM
Hi Trowa (experienced VBA help community),

Sorry if my earlier posted question was not clear.

Here is the situation:
Sheet" Initial": A (FirmID) , B(FirmName) , C (prod ID), D (Prod Name), E, F..(Status).....K(FirstName) M(email)....
Sheet "Deactivate": A, B, C, D, E, F....K...M .same type of info in each column ( but not values) as Initial sheet

Match values in Column C (prod ID) on both sheets
Deselect from the matched value in column C of Sheet "Deactivate" any row that has "Y-C" in column F(Status) on Sheet Deactivate .

So in Sheet "Deactivate" now, the newly matched and filtered rows should only have values that match values in column C and has eliminated "Y-C" in column F.

Then copy from Sheet "Deactivate" based on the new screened and matched info, columns M (email), K(FirstName),M (email) ,B Firm Name) ,D (Prod Name), C (Prod ID) into new sheet (Sheet2) in that order(that is Column M start in column 1 of the Sheet2 and etc).

On the newly formed Sheet2, turn information in column C (Prod ID)which is now the last column on the new Sheet2 into a delimited value row onto Sheet3.

So if column c has:
then Column C will show up as 123,4546,789 in Sheet 3 as a row of information
For this part, I got the delimited script for column C

Sub generatecsv()
Dim i As Integer
Dim s As String

i = 1

Do Until Cells(i, 1).Value = ""
If (s = "") Then
s = Cells(i, 1).Value
Else
s = s & "," & Cells(i, 1).Value
End If
i = i + 1
Loop

Cells(1, 2).Value = s

End Sub

Many thanks for your help in advance again!!! And I hope I explained the situation to you more clearly this time.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 21, 2018 at 05:02 PM
First off, in your loop, you really need to define what sheet you are expecting to write to, as if the user clicks on another tab while the loop is running, it will be the active sheet. So, I guess the cut and paste from another solution still needs to be refined.

If you take a look at this:
https://ccm.net/faq/54862-how-to-copy-data-from-one-excel-sheet-to-another-using-a-formula

You will find code that will do exactly what you are asking. Let Trowa know if you need help! :)