[Closed]
Registration date
Wednesday May 23, 2018
Status
Last seen
May 23, 2018
-
Hi!
I have set up an ASUS RT-AC1200G+ router til serve a small Apartment (60 kvm), but the router is located behind a thin wall (wooden), with the antennas targeting the Apartment.
The WiFi coverage is at maximum on the other side of the wall and half way in the room, but then the coverage decreases.
To extend the range I have put in an Exibel Wireless range extender AC750 (WRE6505v2).
My plan was to extend the range of the existing SSID. I had to configure the extender, and for some reason the 2.4 GHz SSID could use the same name as on the router, but the 5 GHz SSID got a .speed extention. I don't know the reason for this, so I didn't dare to change it to the same SSID-name (remove the .speed extention).
When I use an app (WiFi Manager) to check available Networks and Connect, then both the two SSIDs on the router and the two SSIDs on the extender appears With different strength. So far it seems to work.
But suddenly a login screenshot pops up (doesn't ask for login, just interupting my Activity for a short time), and this happens again after a short while.
How can I avoid this?
After a while it claims that I have no internett Connection and that the router is not Connected to internett, but no one has removed the cable.

My question is; am I doing something wrong? Something that might be configured wrong? I assumed an WiFi extender was meant to extend the range of the WiFi signals (it seems right in the WiFi Manager App, since the coverage is showing as higher/better in the rest of the Apartment, but that doesn't help if a login screeshot interupts the users work and he looses the connection in a sudden.

So do anyone here have any good ideas? Any other ways to extend the range? Something important I have to know about the configuration?

Best regards
Trond Martin

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!