Black screen after pc bootup

Closed
Sxvphire - Updated on Sep 18, 2018 at 05:33 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 18, 2018 at 04:59 PM
Hello,

My computer started acting weird the other day, so after trying everything I decided to completely reset the PC and have windows wipe all the drives inside my pc.

Now when I start my pc I get a windows loading screen for a few seconds, then after that a black screen... that's it. Nothing I can do. I use windows 10, but how do I fix this?

I tried smashing F8 on bootup and whenever I do so my pc asks me to select a drive. I continue to select my ssd drive which I have windows on, but it gives me the message that it hasnt found an operating system.

Does this mean I need to need to reinstall windows using my usb?

Its weird because it shows the windows logo on bootup, making me think windows is still on it?

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 18, 2018 at 04:58 PM
If your bios can't load an OS, then yes it is mangled. You should attempt USB repair first though. Win 10 is finicky, and can take quite a while to get the boot records back in the right order. Be patient. If you think it isn't doing anything, press the numlock key, and if the light goes on or off, it is still doing its thing, and leave it running. Yes I have had win 10 take 24 hours to rebuild the boot before!
Blocked Profile
Sep 18, 2018 at 04:59 PM
It was working right? Your MB is compatible with SSD?