Black screen after the starting windows message

Registration date
Saturday November 24, 2018
Last seen
November 25, 2018
-
My computer was working good last night but today when I turned it on it gets to the “starting windows” message and then just goes black. I have tried everything from removing parts etc and nothing works. I took out the battery restarted it and got into windows but it seems when I restart I get the same problem or if I change any of the options in the bios. I just took out everything cleaned my computer out and it is working again. It probably will do the same thing when I restart it. Also when I had tried to use the OS CD it didn’t work and went to the blank screen after giving me the "starting windows" message. Even when I used my windows vista OS CD I got the windows 7.1 starting windows message and it goes blank. It beeps as normal, just shows a blank screen after the starting "windows" message. Temperatures for everything right now are cpu 41c, hard drive, 40c, vid card 35c and motherboard 35c. I took out the battery again booted into windows and haven't restarted as yet.
See more 

Your reply

1 reply

Registration date
Friday October 26, 2018
Last seen
November 26, 2018
Thank you
Hi

What is the make and model of your machine?

What is the operating system?

Will it work in safe mode?
Briearios
Registration date
Last seen
November 25, 2018
-
Hi and thanks for responding. My motherboard is the G41M-P33 Combo board. My operating system is Windows 7.1 64 bit. I am using DDR3 2 gb memory (2 sticks). My cpu is Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8400 2.66ghz 1333mhz 4mb Lga775 Cpu. Just a side note. My monitor shows a blue light when the display is active and when it is not it switches to yellow. After it gets pass the "starting windows" screen, the light remains blue. It also makes the normals beeps when it is working. After checking the system it beeps once, goes to another screen where it shows my various hardware and beeps again. I haven't tried safe mode. How do I get into safe mode if I can't get pass the "starting windows" message? Do I press F8 as soon as my machine starts up?
Jules_St-Germain
Registration date
Friday October 26, 2018
Last seen
November 26, 2018
> Briearios
Registration date
Last seen
November 25, 2018
-
Do I press F8 as soon as my machine starts up? Yes!
Briearios
Registration date
Last seen
November 25, 2018
> Jules_St-Germain
Registration date
Friday October 26, 2018
Last seen
November 26, 2018
-
I tried to get into safe mode but with the same result. The drivers load and then a black screen after it's done and nothing happens but my monitor remains on. I tried it with the change resolution option and also start safe mode with command prompt. All results in drivers being loaded and then a black screen when it's done and nothing happens. Took out the battery once again and it boots like normal lets me get into windows and the temperatures are what I wrote. If I restart it hangs at boot up.
Jules_St-Germain
Registration date
Friday October 26, 2018
Last seen
November 26, 2018
> Briearios
Registration date
Last seen
November 25, 2018
-
Since it doesn't boot in safe mode, you get beeps, I suggest that you have a memory problem. Unfortunately, at a distance I can't perform a diagnostic.
Briearios
Registration date
Last seen
November 25, 2018
> Jules_St-Germain
Registration date
Friday October 26, 2018
Last seen
November 26, 2018
-
I thought this time it was something different since I've never encountered this problem. I've had memory problems before and have had to buy new memory and then it works. The memory I buy doesn't seem to last as long as it use to. The ram in my computer isn't even a year old yet. I read other forums and thought it was maybe my motherboard but then I said to myself if it were that why I am getting the normal beeps and it's showing all of my hardware in the info section. I was just baffled that it won't boot to my OS cd so I could repair it or remove windows 7.1 and then when I tried to boot from my Vista OS cd it wouldn't boot from it as well.
Respond to Jules_St-Germain