February 17, 2020
-
Registration date
Sunday February 16, 2020
Status
Last seen
February 17, 2020
-
I have for the last 2 months been locked out and asked for Photo ID, SMS and ID verifications. I do all these and every time I get a restriction, i follow the guidelines and after 3 days of the restriction I am again placed on a Verification and locked out. This is not security and also they say I can post on pages i manage but when I try I got extra time on restriction. I watch my Fiancé post all day and she never has this issue. Why are they doing this and on a account thats been active since 2008, Facebook needs to get checked and they need to be investigated for fraud. I am overseas but never til now have I had a issue started end of December

2 replies

Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
July 8, 2020
Hello, if you are finding that your Facebook account is frequently locked, or disabled and that they are asking you to verify your ID, have a look herefor info on what you can do. Read the bottom section 'How To Prevent Your Account from Being Locked'.

Also, Facebook also doesn't like it if you are using a VPN, or accessing the network from a proxy server. If this is the case for you, consider deactivating your VPN prior to using FB and then reconnect once you're finished.

Regards
Registration date
Sunday February 16, 2020
Status
Last seen
February 17, 2020

I don’t use a VPN for facebook as its legal here. It happens after 3 days of coming off restriction and i have sent my IDS in before they unlocked it but also gave me a week restriction on top of verification.
Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
July 8, 2020
Have you tried logging into FB on only 1 device at a time? Facebook does not allow more than one person to be logged into an account simultaneously on multiple devices.

Each time your account has been restricted, has there been an explanation? Ie. Breach of community standards.
Registration date
Sunday February 16, 2020
Status
Last seen
February 17, 2020

No explanation, also my laptop and cell usually are running But I have done that for months. Last time only my Cell Phone sitting down posted and joined a group and boom I was hit with Photo ID and waited 24hrs later deactivation but temp as they again wanted my PHOTO ID to prove it was me.
Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
July 8, 2020
2,222 >
Registration date
Sunday February 16, 2020
Status
Last seen
February 17, 2020

Sometimes FB flags fairly inconspicuous activity (joining a new group / posting) as suspicious or fraudulent.

You can try appealing any action taken against your account using this form here.

Personally I received a notice asking for me to verify my ID, what worked for me was: exiting FB, clearing all of my browser history, closing my browser. On re-opening my browser I went to FB, connected, signed in with my password and had no issue. You could try this next time you're asked for your ID.
Registration date
Sunday February 16, 2020
Status
Last seen
February 17, 2020
>
Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
July 8, 2020

If they re activate my account i will see how to. I was ok for a few days then posting 3 times and accepted a group join i am now deactivated and now sent my IDs this time even my passport.
Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
July 8, 2020
2,222 >
Registration date
Sunday February 16, 2020
Status
Last seen
February 17, 2020

I understand how frustrating FB can be. The fact they give little to no explanation on any given decision is a pity.
Registration date
Sunday February 16, 2020
Status
Last seen
February 17, 2020
>
Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
July 8, 2020

Over a month with restrictions after approving and then again going thru it. I reset everything before but now again IDs less then 30 days Im so frustrated since 2008 never had this issue. My fiancé post all day no issues me 3 post and deactivated.