ALL WAN Miniport Drivers for Wi. 8.1 Pro.

Closed
Caji316 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday March 19, 2020 Status Member Last seen March 22, 2020 - Updated on Mar 23, 2020 at 04:44 AM
I was hacked last year and they uninstalled all my WAN Miniport Drivers. It's on a ACER running Win.8.1 Pro.They are shown there but show up not greyed out, but a real light shade instead of the darker shade my working adapters show.NO yellow flags though.. They show up if you click on "show hidden adapters" with this error "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)"

If I click on Update drivers it says "The best driver software for your device is already installed " I thought that they were virtual adapters and just drivers themselves.. The reason I want to put these back is that I have just purchased ProtonVPN and I am getting speed between 20-40Mbps and I am only 3 hrs. drive from the server Without the VPN I always get between185-199 Mbps.I pay for 200Mbps... People at Proton don't know I am missing these so they can't figure the problem out.

I just discovered them not connected/working today. It may or may not have something to do with the speed I am getting. The error message at one time said, something about the DNS Server was not responding, but I changed it to 1.1.1.1__1.0.0.1 and that message went away.I;m using the Realtek GBE Adapter.. Any help will be much appreciated...Roger S. in N.C.