Registration date
Saturday June 27, 2020
Status
Last seen
July 29, 2020
-
 mimih65 -
Hello and Help!
On Wednesday, a fellow senior friend advised me to delete my birth year, on any social accounts I had, to prevent identity theft. On Facebook there was not a choice to delete it only to change it, so I foolishly scrolled down and selected the year 2020. Almost immediately a screen came up saying "Your account has been locked because we need to confirm your age" and then it asked me to submit some ID with my name and birthdate on. I did submit a picture of my driver's licence. The next day I got an email from Facebook. The subject line was "Thank you for submitting your ID" but the email said "We can't give you access to your account until we receive your ID that matches the information on the account." There's my problem! Obviously I wasn't born in 2020, but sadly that's what I changed it to on Facebook. Their system is looking for a licence with a birth year of 2020 because of the change I made in error. I figured they would have my real birth year in their system as I had my FB account for over 10 years! What can I do? How can I contact Facebook and explain? The email they used was a noreply@ facebook, so that's useless. I tried using the Account disabled form and the Blocked account form, but the FB system won't allow me to submit either of them because they're not the appropriate forms. Is there an email address to communicate with Facebook? Do they not have a live chat? Please help this old gal get access to her Facebook account.
Thank you

1 reply

Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
September 2, 2020
Hi,

You can try to confirm your identity by using this form. It includes also a field to add additional info, so that you can explain your situation.

Good luck.
Thank you

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 2828 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Saturday June 27, 2020
Status
Last seen
July 29, 2020

I filled out the form and received a message on the screen - Your information could not be submitted. Now what?
>
Registration date
Saturday June 27, 2020
Status
Last seen
July 29, 2020

my account has also been blocked for 30 days, i sent a lot of e-mail to facebook, but no answer. wrong birthyear. I have my ID right against,
and in the end it is.:<Your Information Couldn’t Be Submitted.Log in to your account to get back on Facebook, or to see further instructions
Registration date
Saturday June 27, 2020
Status
Last seen
July 29, 2020
> mimih65
Yes, we get a message to log in, but we can’t because we’re locked out! So this just goes on and on with no access to my account and according to friends, they Can’t pull up my account either. It’s like when I stupidly changed my birth year to 2020 - I ceased to exist!
>
Registration date
Saturday June 27, 2020
Status
Last seen
July 29, 2020

Seniorgal , thank you, i hope facebook opens our account, my account has been blocked for 30 days, my friend also can't make. I sent the facebook a lot of email but no answers. i think facebook has not yet deleted my account because i can still change my password.