-
Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
September 2, 2020
-
I don't remember my email password, it's not a huge problem because my phone app just asks me if it was me trying to login and once I say "Yes", then it just logs me in without having to enter a password.

But, I want to figure out what my password is because I want to grant my gmail access to my yahoomail account so that I can export all the folders from yahoomail to gmail.

Since my Account Security page doesn't have the "Change Password" option, the note in the help screen says it might be because I have Account Key on and that I should disable that. I'm assuming Account Key is the feature I am currently using to login verifying from my phone app? If so, since that is literally the only reason I currently can get in my email, I am scared to turn it off for any reason. Because if for some reason it then asks for my password that I don't know, 20 years of very important emails are gone. I can't phathom how disruptive that would be to my life and business to not have the old emails or contacts.

So my question is what the confidence level is if I were to disable my Account Key, knowing I don't know my password, will I still be able to reset my password and continue getting access to my yahoomail? Or if there is another way to either change my password, learn what it is now, or give gmail access to extract my folders.

1 reply

Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
September 2, 2020
Hello, before you do anything, you could try backing up all of your emails and contacts and other important information that you have in this account. As for your issue, I have no personal experience with this situation, and can totally understand your hesitation to disable the account key if that is the one thing allowing you to get into your account.

Here's some addition info on Yahoo's Account Keys. They are basically an alternative way of logging into your account, with requiring a password.

To reset a forgotten password you need to use the Yahoo Sign In Helper.

Here's a more in depth article on how to recover your Yahoo mail account.

And there is alsoYahoo Support that may be able to help.

Regards