Video chat different orientation on iPhone and Android

-
Hi everyone,

This might be a really weird question and maybe a little hard to explain. But me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship and our preferred video chat tool has always been Instagram, because your screen splits in half and it's perfect for i.e pretending to hold hands if you tilt your phone to landscape.
That is when I am on an iPhone and the other person uses an Android phone. We found out that when you're on an iPhone your part of the screen automatically is on the top (on the left in landscape mode) and when you're on an Android your part of the screen is on the bottom (or on the right side in landscape) - on both your and the other persons screen. My boyfriend recently switched to iPhone so we can share things more easily and it may prevent the videochat from glitching sometimes. So now we have a problem, because both our videochat squares are at the top of our phone screen now, and now we are unable to 'hold hands'. I know this might seem silly or minor to most of you, but during this pandemic and not knowing when we can see each other it really is kind of a big deal. So anyway, is there anyway to mirror the video of the selfie cam in the instagram app on iPhone? Or some other hack we can use so we have the same orientation again as when one of us was on iPhone and the other on Android? It's really hard to explain this issue, but I hope someone understands and knows something ????

System Configuration: Macintosh / Safari 14.0

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!