Lenovo ThinkCentre 7220 not outputting to monitor

DrVile - Aug 5, 2022 at 05:59 PM

Hi there! i'm currently trying to get an old computer up and running again to hopefully start running some software on it. As far as I know it's a 2016 Lenovo ThinkCentre 7220, but I could be wrong.

I haven't used this computer in years, and figured I'd get it booted up since it likely has far more storage than the laptop i'm using at the moment. However, it hasn't been outputting anything to the two monitors I've tried it with, and they stay on their default screens. I'm using a cable that connects to the monitor via RGB. I've tried switching inputs, manually restarting the computer, etc, but nothing has changed.

Additionally, upon turning on the computer, it will play 4 sets of 3 beeps. I've seen that this has something to do with the RAM, but nothing about the computer has changed since it last worked properly other than it collecting dust.

I'd appreciate any kind of help possible, and I can provide more information about the hardware as needed, though I can't speak to the software since i haven't used the computer in years.