Unable to connect the printer , Access Denied

Solved/Closed
pscheema Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 22, 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 at 04:52 AM
 mroach88 - Mar 21, 2013 at 02:13 PM
Dear All,

In windows 2000/XP based environment , I was facing the following error :-

Whenever I try to take printing from my network printer (printer attached to other windows based system) , I got the error " Unable to connect the printer , access denied , printer could not be started" .

Now the problem is resolved permanently , with simple steps.

1.) Goto the computer with which you have attached the Printer .
2.) Open its Computer management dialog box by Right click onto MY Computer ICON and choose "Manage" option .
3.) It will open the Computer Management windows .
4.) Goto Local users and computer and Click on USERS .
5.) There will be guest account , which is disabled while you working onto domain/workgroup environment .
6.) Just enable this "Guest " User account , by clicking onto it and goto Properties , then General Tab , Uncheck the "Account is disabled" option and restart , that Computer with which you have attached the printer physically.
7.)Done.
Related:

7 responses

pscheema Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 22, 2008 3
Updated on Dec 10, 2018 at 01:04 PM
thx

Now the problem is resolved permanently , with simple steps.
  • 1.) Goto the computer with which you have attached the Printer .
  • 2.) Open its Computer management dialog box by Right click onto MY Computer ICON and choose "Manage" option .
  • 3.) It will open the Computer Management windows .
  • 4.) Goto Local users and computer and Click on USERS .
  • 5.) There will be guest account , which is disabled while you working onto domain/workgroup environment .
  • 6.) Just enable this "Guest " User account , by clicking onto it and goto Properties , then General Tab , Uncheck the "Account is disabled" option and restart , that Computer with which you have attached the printer physically.
  • 7.)Done.
Thanks, this solved my problem. I'm really grateful.