Sound won't work at all.

Solved/Closed
Anonymous User - Aug 12, 2008 at 04:35 PM
 AungAung - Apr 22, 2017 at 06:18 AM
Hello, I'm having serious and very annoying trouble with my sound. My sound doesn't make sound. I have a Windows Vista, the other day I reinstalled it and, since then my sound button at the corner of my screen next too the clock has had a little red "x" on it. It saids I don't have any audio devices installed. In "Hardware and Sound" in control panel it saids it's working fine. I have SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC for sound. I hope this isn't my sound card messed up. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but that didn't work and I reseted my computer over hundreds of times. Please help.
Related:

77 responses

LegsOnLegs.com
Mar 11, 2009 at 12:59 PM
SOLUTION:
SOLUTION:
SOLUTION:
SOLUTION:
SOLUTION:

I had my sound quit after Vista updated twice. It would say that a 'Sound card was not installed' when I clicked on the speaker in the bottom right corner. Try this before anything else:
-Open Start menu, open control panel
-Scroll down to 'Device Manager', click 'View Hardware and Devices'
-Double click 'Sound, video and game controllers', then double click 'Realtek High Definition Audio'
-This will open the properties menu for your audio. At the top of the box, click 'driver'
-Finally, click the 'Disable' button, and then the 'Enable' button afterward to reset your audio system.

I hope that works for everyone.
THANKYOU!!!!

I DID EVERYTHING YOU SAID AND MY SOUND IS FULLY WORKING NOW !(L)
xxxxxxxx
Listen, honey, I don't have Realtek. I have Sigmatel. Is there anyone who knows how to replace the Sigmatel C-Major audio driver