Computer powers on, but does not boot [Solved/Closed]

-
 GimliLOTR -
Hello,

I've had my desktop computer for about one year now. It is an Acer Aspire E380. On Saturday afternoon, it was going a bit slow so I decided to restart it. However, once it turned off, it will no longer turn on and boot up.

The power button usually lights up, but now it does not. But, the decorative words "Aspire" at the bottom of the tower still lights up. The DVD drive still opens, and a few lights blink on start up as usual.

The screen is blank. All of the fans seem to go, except for one. It is the one in the center of the computer on top of a group of metal prongs. It spins upon power up but stops. The power supply fan runs, the other fan runs too.

I have made sure everything is plugged in, and tried plugging it into different outlets. I can't boot from a CD, the keyboard doesn't turn on and neither does the mouse.

As far as starting up goes, everything sounds normal. No beeps or clicks to hint at harddrive failure. Sometimes when I try to start it up nothing comes on but the center fan on the metal prongs (the one that would run for only a few seconds) goes on full blast until I turn it off.

If everything seems to be going, what is stopping it from booting up?

195 replies

Registration date
Tuesday March 24, 2009
Status
Last seen
March 25, 2009

Hello Friend,
I am really sorry but I should have started a new thread but then I thought this thread might really solve my problem. That is why I am trying to post my problem in this thread.

Well, I have a HP Slimline s3015.uk computer. But it's been a while my computer is unable to boot.
So here's the problem,

1. When I plug in the power cord I don't have to press the power button. I don't know automatically power's on.
2. After power is on I hear the fan running as usual, I can open up my CD/DVD drive and I can hear the noise from my hard drive.
3. The keyboard shows the power when the power is on but it wouldn't work after sometime and my monitor doesn't show up.
4. So I am unable to get into BIOS.

Before visiting this forum I have tried several other forums but all I get is that I have the problem with my integrated graphics card, power supply, motherboard etc. I have tried several other processes like : -

At first I thought I had problem with motherboard so I replaced it with new one. But it is not working with the new one.
I have also replaced power supply with new one. I have checked my RAM and CPU processor. It seems to be fine.

I don't get it why is this really happening. I think I would say I have exact same problem as some of them.

So, please help me what is the problem. Much Appreciated.

If after swapping your mobo ur still getting no video, try checking your screen...

If the screen's power LED is off, swap power cable with PC power cable. If the PC power LED lights up when used with screen cable, then cable is good but screen is faulty.

If screen LED is on then find another VGA cable and try it out... if still no video with new VGA cable, screen is faulty.

Good luck!
Hi everyone, I read the first page on here the the symptoms sound alot like mine

I'll make the long story short, I suddenly had not signal to the monitor, installed a new video card and it worked, a week later, it was back to no signal to monitor

ever since then i'v been trying to figure out whats wrong, today I turned it on and heard long continuous beeps (that was after I removed the newly installed vid. card)

i tried the thing with the eraser and ram, still no sucess. I turned it on without the ram and got no beeps, does the mean the asus mobo is dead? DEAD?
Registration date
Saturday August 16, 2008
Status
Last seen
September 22, 2012
i assume that ur running XP

this probablly is something to do with a corrupt boot file

all u have to do is insert the xp installtion disk or service pack 2 or three (whichever version od xp ur running)

and start ur system

it will ask u upon start up to press any key for running the cd

press enter

now wait till all thee drivers have been loaded and then select the option for repair

sist back and follow the intruction

upon completion restart ur pc

this time dont press any keys let the system start on its own

awaiting reply

Melisio Mascarenhas
Mumbai
India
I am so sorry to hear about your dad.
>
> The2 beep occurs when the cards are out. That is all. I took the 2 =
> memory sticks out( is that what you mean by VGA cards?) cleaned both =
> sides on the copper pins with an eraser. Put them back in and no =
> monitor shows, just the test screen that says it is working properly. =
> No mouse and no keyboard. The 2 memory cards I put back in are the 2 =
> original ones! I MAY have tried to put in one of the DDR's but they did =
> not fit so it was removed. Would that have caused a problem???
>
> Thanks
> Linda B
> 954-785-3098
Registration date
Monday March 9, 2009
Status
Last seen
March 10, 2009

hi All,

I have check all the steps as you guys said above ( check: RAM,VGA,CPU)everything is fine, but my PC still wont boot up.

I have change the FAN because the old one was making a lot of noice. this one its not same as the other one it is little bit bigger but it works fine and it is keeping the CPU cold.you think I should put the same FAN as it was before??

Also , I am having a strange problem that I never had before. When I move the jumper to clear CMOS settings, from NORMAL to CLEAR the PC wont turn ON .it turns ON only in NORMAL but not when I move jumper to CLEAR pins.
can you tell me how do I reset CMOS settings if these jumper dosent work ?

wish you all the bests
Baldy
This is because the computer will only boot once the CMOS has been replaced to the "normal" postion. So move the jumper to "reset/CLEAR" pump the power button 2 to 3 times (don't forget to unplug the power cord), and then move the jumper back to the "normal" postion. That should reset the bios. Hopefully, you get a post screen.
Yep!! This is a GREAT palce for help.. My Monitor would not spark up.. removed the Lithium Cell battery and reinstalled and BIGO everything is back to normal,, Monitor work now,,
humbly
dev
Guys, I know that we're all going through the same problem but I'd really appreciate some help here. It's driving me crazy !!!!

I got my PC custom built last week. It started giving me problems after two days. Basically I shut it down, but realised after 10 minutes that the power light was still on and the fan was blowing. I decided to force shut it down, and when I tried to turn it on, no beeps and no signal to my monitor.

I sent it back to the guy, he replaced the motherboard, it worked for a day until I put it to sleep. I tried to "wake" it up after less than 15 minutes, but it refused to "wake up". Forced shut it down again, but when I tried to turn it on, same problem as before.

I sent it back to him again yesterday, got it back today. He replaced everything inside, but before I went out just now, I didn't turn it off cause I was downloading Norton. When I came home, the screen was blank. I assumed that it went to sleep because no one was using the computer for about an hour. I did everything I could to "wake" it up again, nothing happened. Forced shut it down, tried to turn it on, oh kill me ......... No beeps again.

I've removed the rams, used an eraser, no go. Took the rams out, computer doesn't beep too.

I've changed the motherboard twice !! Something must be wrong .. Could it be a compatibility problem ? I've been to the shop more than 5 times and I'm tired of having the same problem every day. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me !! Imagine going back to the same shop every day cause of the same problem ! :(

This is what I know about my computer

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
Memory: 4GB DDR2 800MHz (Kingston)
Hard Drive: 500GB SATA2 Hard Drive
Graphic: Gigabyte GTS250 1GB
Drive: 20X DVD Burner
Power Supply: 550W Power Supply
Case: Elite 330

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!
> Steve Carroll
Dear Steve, it is an ASUS P5KPL-CM
> KILLME
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ASUS/P5KPL-CM.html confirms that the Motherboard & CPU are defo compatible so you can rule that being the problem out.

What components has the shop replaced....all of them?

I had the problem with a Mesh Computer - I ended up having to send it back. They informed me that they had to replace the motherboard...
> Steve Carroll
As he could not find the problem, he ended up replacing all the components (I'm not sure if the graphic card was replaced but he mentioned changing the PSU, mobo and ram. He said that it's the first time he's came across such a problem too. It's really strange cause the computer would enter sleep mode and the mobo dies. I asked him to test out the sleeping problem when I went to collect the PC, but it didn't have any problems then .. Until I got home and used it, it died on me 2 hours later sigh
> KILLME
mate I feel for you I really do....the amount of hours I spent trying to figure this one out and had no luck.

please let me know how you get on....interested in seeing what the solution was.

Sorry I couldnt have helped anymore.
> Steve Carroll
Hey Steve, I'm back at the shop and apparently my graphic card is too new so he has to upgrade the "bios". I'm not too sure if I'm making any sense here cause I know nuts about computers or computer talk ! Waiting now ... I'm crossing my fingers cause I hear it beeping at the moment !!! From no beep to beeps :O
Registration date
Saturday June 13, 2009
Status
Last seen
June 15, 2009

Hello I have the same problem I have just built a brand new pc with a freind specs are on my profile page now it worked fine after 1 week then I was installing a game empire total war and it got to the end of the download/install then my pc just cut out turned off shortly after it came back on and did the same thing 5 seconds turned on then went off repeated then I finally got it to come on and it said overclock failure in the bios press f1 to go to setup press f2 to load default or something like that I pressed f1 went into my bios and checked everything was fine my processor seemed to be ok said it was at 2.66ghz memory also seemed fine then.... I started windows normally I should of started in safe mode but im that stupid that I started in normal I have memory loss I suffer badly from it anyway after it went to come on it just restarted every 5 seconds fans/psu/mobo/graphics/ came on and the front power light on my coolermaster cm690 came on now I tryed to see what the porblem was but im just a noob I dont have a clue with hardware etc im good with software but not hardware now me and my freind picked out the mobo and I sent it back bought a new one now the new one that came we stuck that in and it did the same thing kinda just stayed on this time and will turn off after about 20 seconds etc if I dissconnect the hard drive the pc will shut off two graphics cards have been tested its not my gpu a different psu has been tested although im not sure my freind hates using his stuff and thinks everything he has is the best anyway if someone could help me I would much appeciate the help im sorry for my spelling :(( I have problems :((( thankyou and I would also like to say im new here and I really like the forum I hope you accept me here as I love it everyone take care and have a great day xx
Well i've read through this thread and wow, some great info but at the moment it's not helped me.

The other say I was on the machine all fine when BSOD popped up about volsnap.sys. On trying to boot back the computer seems to power on but no display, keyboard etc.

Last night, after reading this thread, I decided the computer is not dead and I can fix it. CPU is getting hot, All fans running up. Cleaned the memory and replaced the memory. Striped down the board
but still nothing then while testing the cpu the schreen popped on. Right I thought lets get it back together.

All back together and nothing! So I strip it down againa dn still nothing.

Any ideas on what else I should check, oh and checked the power supply with the wire in green and black and it started up ok.

I got a feeling its something to do with the board but what else can I check? oh and it does a contiunuas beep when I remove the memory.

Garv
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010
Hi, you need to replace the old memory card with a new one but do not forget to buy same frequency as the one you already have.
>
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010

My pc will not boot/post, without reseting the mobo (cmos/bios) with jumpers EVERY TIME I want to use it, which as you can imagine is most annoying. If I do not do this ritual "computer powers on but does not boot". But alas once its up and running i.e. in Vista, it works as if theres nothing wrong at all; I could, and do, leave it on for days. On restart or shutdown it hangs EVERY time. Unbless of course I power off and reset the jumpers as above.... Please find below the things I have tried to resolve this problem:

1-swapping out/replacing the ram (memory)
2-swapping out/replacing the PSU
3-swapping out/replacing the Graphics Card
3-replacing mother board ( and then completely reassembling machine)
4-replacing CMOS battery
5-resetiing CPU and heatsink (i.e cleaning and recoating with arctic silver paste)

things I have not replaced/swapped out:
1-CPU fan and heatsink, why?= there are no heat issues and fans all work even when playing demanding games!
2-HD (with OS Vista on it), why?= again, works fine once posts!
3-BIOS chip, why? I have no idea how to do this and if it completely necessary.

I am all out of guessing; is it the BIOS? is it the fans? please help!

HOW THE HELL DO I GET THIS THING TO BOOT NORMALLY???
Hi all,

I have the same problem as the OP, and am starting to fear that my m/board is fried.

I powered down the machine, and when I went to power it back up, it was dead.

I tried another psu and that seemed to power it up - it didn't have all the same connectors, so I just connected up the ones that fit.

This prompted me to buy a new PSU - I have plugged it in.....and nothing. Same story.

I tried the RAM test mentioned in this thread, but within 5 seconds the CPU (there are 2 Opteronx64) appears to get warmer, although it's hard to say and I don't want to leave it on for longer than that if I can help it.

I have removed all graphics cards (2 SLI) and RAM - and still nothing - the standby LED on the board is on.

I removed the PSU cable to the slot with 8 holes, and then it powers up - it powers when I switch the PSU, there is no waiting for me to press the power button - although if I press it after this the machine powers down and powers up again if I press it again, so the cable is in the right place.

I even took the board out of the case, blew all the dust off of the components (there wasn't a lot) and put it all back together.

So, to recap, if I plug both the CPU PSU cables in, I get nothing. If I remove the 8 pin one, then it powers up, but I get no beeps, and no display to any screen. I get no beeps even when all the RAM is removed and the graphics cards are removed. I also removed all drives, and still no beeps.

I fear I will need to buy a new board for this - something I really don't want to do, as the dual-processor opteron boards that support my chips and ram are not cheap!!
Ahh - ok, so I took the board out (again) and looked it over for dry joints etc...

I found what I thought were dry joints, so I unsodered them, and then resoldered them.

....and woopeee! It fires up ok now!

So, if you have he same symptoms, try and find any dry joints on the board.
> dchurch
Hey!

I'm experiencing the same problem you had.

What do you mean by "dry joints" and what does "unsodered" and "resoldered" mean?

Please reply!

Thank you! :)
Hello, I've just built my first PC and when I tried to turn it on for the first time all the fans spun, but nothing shows up on my monitor.

I also get no POST beeps at all. I've tried removing my RAM to see if it beeped, but it didn't.

I've heard with a problem like this it could be the motherboard, CPU, PSU, or video card.

I just don't know which it is, if it's any of them at all.

My PSU is 700w, so it should be sufficient enough for the things I'm running.

I even took out my video card, thinking that maybe it would then give the PSU enough power to power the mobo completely, but it didn't.

Is it possible for a PSU to run all the fans and have a good wattage, but still cause my problem?

I though it might be the mobo, but my CPU fan is spinning and it's hooked up to the mobo.

I don't see any mobo led lights though...

Could my mobo still be dead?

I've also tried taken out the CMOS battery, waiting a few minutes an replacing it, but that didn't work either.

Also, when I turn my computer on it won't let me turn it off in the front.

I have to flip the switch on the power supply in order to turn it off.

I'm clueless right now, so I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

My specs are:
AMD Phenom II X4 940
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4890 1GB
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W
GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P
Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler
I can normally turn on the pc and boot windows vista before my pc broke down.
After that, I just turn of the pc and remove and reinstall the ram then the pc turn on but the lcd monitor say no signal, I cant hear any beep, I just remove and reinstall the ram but why my pc broke down.

Action tAKEN:
Remove bios battery
clearing cmos
processor and chipset heat up but processor fan is fater than usual
did not sense any heat at ram
using integrated graphice
remove all card
my pc is only 1year and 1 month
I just finished building my computer. (All I am missing is my monitor and Windows Vista SP1 pack) and I wanted to make sure it would turn on, so I tried to turn it on. I plugged it all in correctly and pressed the power button anddddd...nothing. I saw that inside the case the Phase LED lights light up for a split second, my PSU fan started to spin then stopped as well as my CPU fan doing the same. I am quite perplexed as to what might be the problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010
Your Power Supply could be defective. Short the Green wire with any black wire to test the power supply.
Normally a defective power supply makes this symptom.
Check and let me know.
Hello, I have similar problem
I tried to do anything, but my computer isn't booting...
I checked the power supply, by connecting green and black wire, it worked...
Removed memory card, there was beeps...
CPU test was good...
Used eraser to memory cards, changed them in other slots, tried new memory cards...
But still nothing...
Display is blank, all coolers are working, caps lock and num lock not working... can you help me please?
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010
Does the motherboard have an integrated graphics card?
If not, try using the eraser on the graphics card gold plated part.
Try resetting the BIOS through the help of the reset jumpers...
>
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010

first, Thank You for fast replay :)
Yes, MB has a integrated graphics card. witch jumpers I need to use?
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010
9 > Sandzh
Disconnect the power cord from the mains outlet, remove the CMOS battery, near the battery normally there is a jumper. The jumper covers 2 pins on a total of 3 pins. You have to move it in the sense that the middle and the other pin which was not covered must now be covered by the jumper. Then press the power switch 2-3 times.
Put the jumper in its original state where it was at start and connect the power cord.
Power up the system. It should work now.
Remember to put a working memory card in another available slot other than what you were using before and try to see if this solves the problem.
Hi , I have a similar problem to this. I was just turning on my computer after fixing it from a long list of stop errors and what nots, and during that fixing, I repaired Windows with a Installation CD. After 1 day of working, my computer suddenly restarts for no reason, but it is stuck at the very first DELL screen. So I power it off and try again, but this time, it gives me 4 beeps and nothing happens. The monitor stays off, but I hear noises inside the computer, as well as seeing lights come up where they usually do. I'm not sure what to do, and I do not want to do useless replacing of hardware.

Thank you in advance
Hi DJ AKSHAY,

I'm hoping you'll beable to help me, I'm building a new computer for the first time. When I hit the power button, the cpufan starts to spin, and then starts to to throb, this seems to go on indefinitely and I never hear a beep or see any display. I'm not at home at the moment, but when I am I'll try taking out the RAM and listening for beeps and the heat test for the cpu, are there any other tests?

Also, in my case there is a 2 pin connector that comes down from where the powerbutton/etc. is, I can't find a place to hook this into my motherboard, any ideas?

My system:
Gigabyte ma-790xt-ud4p
AMD x2 550 be
Kingston ddr3-1600 2x2gb
Diamond 4770 512MB
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Coolermaster HAF 922
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010
Normally, something should be written on the connector for you to be able to find where it will be connected to the motherboard.

The normal connections are for the following:
Speaker: 4 pin
Power Led: 2 pin
HDD Led: 2 pin
RESET Switch: 2 pin
POWER Switch: 2 pin

Well, I have done some research for you on the Gigabyte Website: The memory module you have purchased is not supported by the motherboard because it is not found in the supported memory list of this model of motherboard.
https://www.gigabyte.com/tw

You could have purchase 4 * 1GB KINGSTON Memory if you opted for DDR3 1600Mhz.

This is the reason why the system is not booting up. Remove the memory card and you will hear the beep sound.

If I am wrong, let me know. We'll find other possible problem which might be causing this fault.
>
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010

Well, I did some more playing around last night, after popping the little battery out for a decent amount of time, I was able to get it to boot. I flashed the BIOS to F4, and tried to set EC Firmware to hybrid, and ACC to All Cores.

After I rebooted, I was back to square one again, so I tried the same thing (popped battery out, got into BIOS, set that again), and again same result.

I did run memtest that comes with Ubuntu live cd for a while, and it said the RAM was running at 519mhz ddr1038, so I guess there is tweaking to be done there as well.

I'm going to try again tonight with EC on hybrid but with ACC set to Auto (as opposed to all cores), and see what happens.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.
>
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010

Hi Akshay

Howr u Mate,
I got a prblm regarng no light signal in CPU
It glows for a second than disappears
any help wld be highly appreciated

thanks
Harry
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010
9 > Arash
Hi, I am fine, thank you. And u?
Is the system booting up properly?
look at wire plug end.,are trace the wire back to find what it is.then look around the plug pins on the mother bord,you will find the pinout number and pin lication....Cooool....
I put my hp a1020n into sleep mode one night and the next day when I went to use it, I was getting no video to the monitor. I restarted it and all the fans spin and I hear the hdd working but no video. The motherboard has integrated graphics so I put in an old PCI graphics card I found and no video with that either. I took out the ram and tried to turn it on and hear a long beep so im assuming my motherboard still works. any ideas?
Putting together a build for a friend, however, I believe the motherboard may have been damaged or was damaged upon my taking part in the build. I assembled the parts, a 430w thermaltake psu, an asus mobo, e5200 intel processor, western digital hard drive, 2 gigs of GSkill, ati hd 4850 gpu and an LG dvd drive.

Posted, gave an error message about cpu fan error, I goggled it, it seemed to be relatively harmless. While in the bios the computer's signal disappeared, I attempted a reboot to no avail. No error codes, cpu fan stopped spinning. Removed memory, no error code, removed 4850, no error code, case fan connected to the motherboard spins when powered on, motherboard shows green light, no signal detected,

I tested the processor in another rig, and it worked fine, and the cpu fan spun fine. Tested another power supply with said motherboard and the motherboard fan would not spin and it would not post, and no error codes. Is my motherboard dead? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
carefully open your cabinet.
clean all dust using blower of vacuum cleaner. Eject RAM and also blow on d slot.
Change the port where H/disk is attached after cleaning sockets with air.
Keep cabinet open for some time so that moisture problem can be solved.

Now try ....
and keep your PC dust free...

Dear DJ AKSHAY,

An extract from one of your previous posts:

"Not to discourage you dear, I suspect a processor failure. Because if your processor does not heat up then I am very sure that the fault lies with the processor and given that your system was slowing down.

Normally even if a motherboard is faulty, the processor should heat up but if the processor itself is not good then you will get no beep sound, I believe that your motherboard is still good."

Issue: My computer turns on but nothing is displayed on the screen. All the lights are lit up on the computer, the hard drive is spinning and also the cd drive opens. However, I have taken OFF the 'Heatsink Fan' from my AMD 3700 939 Socket Asus A8N SLi Motherboard, and the Processor DOES NOT heat up. Also, I have taken out my memory sticks and the motherboard does NOT make any SOUNDS.

I've read in your previous posts that you said the motherboard and PSU both cannot be faulty. So in your opinion, which component is the faulty one, the PSU or the Motherboard?

Thanks in advance.
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010
Hi dear,
Well, the processor is the faulty one. Note: As I told, even if a motherboard is faulty and the processor is good, the processor should heat up. AMD/ AM2 processors take longer time to heat up nearly 6 - 10 secs after pressing power switch on your system.

You should take off the fan together with the heat sink from the Processor to feel it heating up.
Because this test cannot be done with the heat sink still on the processor.
You should feel the heat on the processor and not on the heat sink.
>
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010

DJ AKSHAY,

Last night I was gaming on my PC when it suddenly locked up, and the last sound I heard started repeating itself. I thought to myself, no big deal, just a lockup, so I held down the power switch to turn it off. However, when I tried to power it back up, it wouldn't boot. Meanwhile, I noticed that my monitor wasn't recognizing my PC powering up, and it seemed to have gone into sleep mode (i.e. the LED was orange and it was unresponsive to me powering it up). My first thought was video card failure. I haven't gotten a chance to apply any of your tests (namely the memory/eraser trick) yet because this happened last night and I'm currently at work, but these are some of the standout things I noticed.

~When I try to power up my PC, the heatsink fan flickers, but doesn't actually spin. I have no idea what this means, but I'm afraid that it might mean I have a bad cpu? I tried unplugging the 4pin adaptor and plugging it back in, but that didn't work.

~When I tried to power up without the video card power cord connected, I heard a ton of beeping noises so I believe my motherboard is functioning properly.

~Every time I've tried to power up, all fans are spinning (except the heatsink fan, which just flickers as I mentioned), and my HDD felt like that was spinning as well. Because of this, I'm fairly certain the problem is not my power supply.

Something to note is that I know my system has been running slightly hot for a few weeks now, and I planned on cleaning it and reapplying paste to my cpu as well as installing a gpu cooler for my super hot EVGA 8800gt, but then this happens. :(

These are my specs:

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P Rev 2.0
EVGA GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit
INTEL Core2 Q6600 (stock speed)
Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Western Digital Raptor 35gb HDD

If you have any idea what might be the cause, I'd greatly appreciate your feedback/help. Thanks!
> wesdog
Oh, and my power supply is a Corsair HX-520.
>
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010

Thank you very much DJ AKSHAY...I will purchase a new AMD Processor and see if that helps fix my problem. I will update you all when I have done so.
>
Registration date
Sunday December 21, 2008
Status
Last seen
April 26, 2010

You were correct, my CPU was dead. I have now replaced it. My PSU was also dying due to a screeching sound and therefore I have replaced both components and my computer is now running fine.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind Regards,

KaizenWarrior